This quick and easy waffle recipe only uses two bowls and is bursting with vanilla flavor.
- 1 1/2C all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2t baking powder
- 1/2t baking soda
- 1/2t kosher salt
- 1/4C granulated sugar
- 3T malted milk powder (I use Carnation, which is available on Amazon)
- 2t vanilla extract
- 1/3C unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/4C whole milk, room temperature
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, and malted milk powder. Because the milk powder is yellow, I use it as my indicator to determine when everything is mixed together thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, combine the butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients all at once to the flour mixture. Stir until just combined. A few lumps are A-OK.
- Dollop the mixture into the waffle iron and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Top with butter and syrup and enjoy immediately.