Herby, sweet, and just a touch salty, this brandy cocktail has a beautiful depth of flavor—making it the perfect accompaniment to Sistersong. Quick tip! This recipe doubles well, so you can share with a sister 🙂
For the honey syrup:
- 1/2C honey (I used a Ventura-based avocado honey which worked great, but whatever honey you like the taste of will do.)
- 1/2C water
- 4 large sprigs of rosemary
- 1/2t – 3/4t kosher salt
For the cocktail:
- 2 oz brandy (If you have a honey brandy, even better, but both work. I used this one from Bear Valley)
- .5 oz honey syrup
- .75 oz fresh lemon juice
- 3 oz club soda
- Make the honey syrup: In a small saucepan, combine the honey and water and heat on medium-high, stirring occasionally, until the honey is fully incorporated.
- Add the rosemary and allow the mixture to reach a simmer before turning off the heat. Allow the rosemary to steep for 10 minutes before removing the sprigs and adding 1/2t of kosher salt.
- Stir the syrup and pour into an airtight container. Once cool, give it a taste test. If you want to add more salt, add the reserved 1/4t.
- This mixture make 3/4C of syrup and can be safely stored in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.
- Make the cocktail: To a shaker filled 3/4 of the way with ice, add the brandy, lemon juice, and honey syrup.
- Shake vigorously for at least 15 seconds.
- Strain into a coup glass and top with club soda. Garnish with lemon peel and rosemary.