The perfect summer cocktail is here! Cucumbers, mint, lemon, and honeydew take this vodka cocktail to a whole new level.
Make the cucumber simple syrup:
- In a saucepan, combine the cucumber chunks, granulated sugar, and water over medium heat.
- Stir until the sugar has completely dissolved and the cucumber begins to soften. While stirring, I like to break up some of the cucumber bits with the back of my spoon to encourage more flavor mingling.
- Take off the heat and allow it to cool for about 15 minutes before straining into a container. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Make the honeydew vodka:
- In a blender, add the vodka and honeydew pieces. Blend until no large chunks remain.
- Give the mixture a taste. If you aren’t getting much honeydew flavor, add the 1oz of simple syrup and blend again until combined.
- Strain through a mesh strainer into a sealable container and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Make the cocktail:
- Add the mint leaves, lemon juice, and cucumber simple syrup to a shaker. I like a more acidic cocktail, so I only use .5oz of syrup, but if you like a sweeter cocktail, use .75oz. Muddle until the mint leaves are broken up and have released their oils.
- Add ice, honeydew vodka, and elderflower liquor. Shake until cold and strain into a highball glass full of ice.