A fudgy, no-fuss brownie, perfect for a weeknight chocolate craving.
- 1/4C unsalted butter
- ⅔C (3.5 oz) semisweet chocolate chips + a handful more for topping
- 1T sour cream
- ½C granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼C all-purpose flour
- 2T cocoa powder
- ¼t baking soda
- ¼t salt
- ¼t vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Over medium heat, melt butter in the 10” oven-safe pan.
- Once the butter is melted, toss in your chocolate chips and use a rubber spatula to stir and melt them down. Once smooth, turn off the heat.
- Add the sour cream and sugar, and stir until smooth.
- Make sure the mixture is warm (not searing hot) before using a spoon to very slowly whisk in the eggs, one at a time until the whole thing looks shiny and is fully incorporated. Pro-tip: Feel free to use a fork instead of a spoon, just be careful not to scrape the bottom of your pan.
- Mix in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and vanilla extract, and stir until just incorporated. Top with a handful of scattered chocolate chips and pop it in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until the edges look dry and pull away from the sides slightly.
- Let the brownie cool for about 5 minutes (a difficult but important step.) Top with vanilla ice cream and this bomb miso caramel.