When you are craving a PSL but want more spice, more pumpkin, and less sugar, make your own! Start by creating some delicious homemade pumpkin spice syrup.
- 1 3/4C brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 1/4t ground ginger
- 1 1/2t ground cinnamon
- 3 cloves
- 3/4t freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4t allspice
- 1 3/4C water
- 1t vanilla extract
- 1C pumpkin puree
- In a saucepan, whisk together the brown sugar and all of the spices.
- Add the water and vanilla extract and turn the heat to medium. Stir until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Add the pumpkin puree and whisk occasionally to incorporate. The moment the mixture reaches a boil, take off the heat.
- Let the mixture cool before storing it in an airtight container. It will keep in the refrigerator for about 3 weeks.