Add peanut butter and candy to an already beloved treat? A no-brainer!
For the Rice Krispie Treat:
- 3T unsalted butter
- 1/4C creamy peanut butter
- pinch of salt
- 12oz bag of marshmallows
- 6C Rice Krispies
For the chocolate drizzle (optional):
- 4oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 1T + 2t peanut butter
- 1T light corn syrup
- 1/8 – 1/4C heavy cream
Make the Rice Krispies Treats:
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper and give it a healthy dose of nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the Rice Krispies and the Reese’s Pieces and set aside.
- To a medium saucepan, add the butter, peanut butter, and pinch of salt. Over medium heat, stir until fully melted. Once melted, add the marshmallows, and using a rubber spatula, stir until the marshmallows are melted and completely incorporated into the butter/peanut butter mixture.
- Pour the hot mixture over the Rice Krispies and gently combine until you have reached maximum sticky mess. Then, dump the mixture into your prepared 8×8 pan.
- Spray your hands with nonstick cooking spray and pat the mixture down until it has completely filled the corners and is even throughout. (You can also spray a rubber spatula instead if eating marshmallows off your fingers like a bear is unappealing to you.) Allow to cool for at least 30 min, but an hour is best.
Make the chocolate drizzle:
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and corn syrup. Gently heat in the microwave, about 15 seconds at a time, until melted. Stir to ensure everything is incorporated.
- Once melted, start by adding 1/8C of heavy cream and stir, adding more heavy cream until you reach your desired consistency, I like to pipe the drizzle on, so I keep it a little thicker, using about 1/8C + 1.5T of heavy cream. But, if you want to spread it on top with a spatula, feel free to use the full 1/4C for a shiny and easy-to-spread topping.
- Pipe or spread your chocolate drizzle onto the Rice Krispie Treats and top with extra Reese’s Pieces if desired.