Apples mixed with caramel and covered with a buttery, crispy topping. A true comfort food!
- 1/2 Cup Tablespoon All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 Cup + 1 Tablespoon lightly packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger (If ginger isn’t your thing, I’ve also had delicious results with nutmeg.)
- 1/2 Cup + 1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter, cubed
- 5 Granny Smith apples—peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/4 Cup + 2 Tablespoons of caramel
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- Vanilla ice cream for topping – optional
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, oats, chopped nuts, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Begin working the butter into the mixture by pinching and rolling it between your fingers, incorporating it into the dry ingredients until everything is moistened and holds a shape when squeezed—like wet sand. Keep it in the refrigerator until you need it.
- In a separate bowl, add the sliced apples to a bowl and mix in the caramel and cornstarch until all of the pieces are evenly coated.
- Add your apple mix (and all the juices at the bottom of the bowl) to your baking dish, and crumble the topping evenly over everything. Place your dish on a sheet pan to avoid any spillage, and bake for 30 – 35 minutes.
- Allow your crisp to cool for about 10 minutes before serving with ice cream.
Keywords: apple crumble with miso caramel, easy apple crumble, apple desserts, fall baking, cozy desserts