- ¾C Sugar
- ¼C Water
- ½ – ¾C Heavy Cream
- 2T White Miso
- ½ Vanilla Bean
- Place the water and sugar in a saucepan. Turn the heat to medium-high and give the mixture a quick stir.
- Bring your mixture to a boil, stop stirring, and watch it like a hawk! You are looking for a light brown color and once you see it, take the mixture off the heat.
- Carefully add 1/2 C of the heavy cream and all of the miso, vigorously stirring the bubbling mixture to break up the paste.
- Add the vanilla beans and continue to stir. If the mixture is thicker than you’d like, slowly stream in some, or all of the remaining heavy cream until you achieve your desired consistency.
- Let cool and store it in a glass container. If it gets too thick after hanging out in the refrigerator, simply heat up some water in a saucepan, remove it from the heat and plop your container in, letting it sit for about 5-10 min.