- 1lb of mixed nuts
- 1 egg white
- 2T sugar
- 1T brown sugar
- ½t cinnamon
- 1t cayenne
- 1 ½t salt + a generous pinch
- ¼t freshly grated nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 325F. Line a sheet pan with parchment or a silicone mat and set aside.
- Whisk the egg white in a clean mixing bowl until foamy.
- In a separate bowl, add your nuts, and toss in the sugars, cinnamon, cayenne, nutmeg, and salt.
- Gently fold the egg white into the nut mixture, making sure all of your nuts are coated.
- Spread the nuts evenly out onto your sheet pan and bake for 30 minutes, giving them a shake halfway through and rotating the pan to ensure everything is heated evenly. Your nuts should be dry, if they aren’t, leave them in for 5-10 more minutes, then turn off the oven and let them hang out in the cooling oven to dry out.
- Remove from the oven, top with a generous pinch of salt, and let cool.