Looking for a way to bring a homemade dinner to new heights? Add this brioche to the lineup! Studded with garlic, parmesan, and parsley, it is truly one of the best dinner sidekicks out there.
For the dough*:
- 1/4C whole milk, warm
- 1 ¼ t active dry yeast
- 1t honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2T sugar
- 2C + 2T all-purpose flour
- ¾ t salt
- 4.4oz unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg + 1T milk combined for an egg wash
For the filling:
- 1/4C fresh parsley
- 1t chopped rosemary
- 2T minced garlic
- ¾ C freshly grated parmesan
- 4oz unsalted butter, softened
- Combine the milk, honey, and yeast in a small bowl. Set aside for about 10 minutes to activate the yeast.
*After a quick survey on IG, I discovered that many of my readers don’t have a food scale, so this bread dough doesn’t use one. However, this means measuring your ingredients is important, and I recommend keeping a reserve of flour in the wings just in case things get too sticky.
Keywords: brioche, garlic bread, garlic loaf