BYO Campfire. These s’mores cookies deliver on the graham cracker taste while still giving you tons of gooey marshmallow and chunks of milk chocolate.
- 3/4C unsalted butter, cubed and at room temperature
- 1/2C + 1T brown sugar
- 1/4C honey
- 1 egg
- 1t pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4C all purpose flour
- 1C whole wheat flour
- 3/4t kosher salt
- 1t ground cinnamon
- 1/2t baking soda
- 3/4t baking powder
- 6 – 6.5oz milk chocolate, chopped into chunks
- 18 marshmallows (15 if not using the broiler, see the note above in the ‘Two Ways’ section)
For the chocolate drizzle:
- 4T semisweet chocolate chips
- 3T unsalted butter, cubed and at room temperature
- Graham cracker crumbs from 1 cracker, optional
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or a large bowl with a handheld electric mixer) beat together the butter and brown sugar on medium-high until light and fluffy. This can take a full 3 – 5 minutes, so be patient and scrape down the bowl with a rubber offset spatula as needed to ensure everything’s incorporated.
- Turn the mixer off and add the honey, egg, and vanilla extract. Beat again on medium-high to fully combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together both flours, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Turn the mixer on to low and slowly pour in the flour mixture, beating until juuuuust combined.
- Turn off the mixer and fold in your chocolate chips using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 325F and line your baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Using a 3T cookie scoop, scoop out your dough balls and set them on the baking trays about 2″ apart. Flatten each ball so they look like little hockey pucks before baking for 11 minutes.
- While the cookies bake, make the chocolate drizzle: Add your chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 15 – 20 second intervals until the chocolate is almost fully melted. Add your butter to the bowl and stir until everything has melted together.
- When the cookies are done baking, take them out of the oven, turn your broiler on, and move your rack as close to the heat source as you can get it. Top each cookie with a marshmallow and set them under the broiler until your desired marshmallow doneness is reached. Do not walk away here!
- Once you are happy with the color on the marshmallows, carefully remove your cookies and give the marshmallows a little push down. This will make your cookies aren’t sky-high for easier drizzling.
- Allow the cookies to cool for about 5 minutes before using a spoon to drizzle them with your chocolate sauce and topping with graham cracker crumbs.
- Move the cookies to a wire rack and allow to cool completely before serving—at least 15 minutes.